Yann Release: Yann V 1.0rc1
The MIT License
Copyright (c) [2015 - 2016] Ragav Venkatesan
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice, the credits below and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Credits and copyright attributions to other sources:
- First and foremost, this toolbox was develoepd largely by adding functionality to the amazing theano tutorials . The theano tutorial today looks much different from what it was when yann was developed on top of it. Although yann looks completely different now being its own entity, one can still find some philosophy and structure of the theano tutorial code embedded here and there in the toolbox. Therefore enormous credit is due to theano tutorial and theano developers for this toolbox. A lot of developement issues with this toolbox was solved also due to the incredible customer support that was provided by the theano developers at their google groups forum and the issues section of the theano github page. Copyright (c) 2008–2016, Theano Development Team All rights reserved.
- The dropouts part of the code was adapted from Misha Denil’s Dropout code. The code at the moment does not look at all like the code that Misa Denil originally had, but it was developed from his code and therefore requires that due credit be assigned and acknowledgement provided. Refer to license here . Including his copyright notice here. Copyright (C) 2012 Misha Denil
- Ofcourse, this toolbox contains code from numpy, Contains code from NumPy, Copyright (c) 2005-2011, NumPy Developers. All rights reserved.
- Lasagne played a signnificant role in the developement of yann. Part of the intention in begining to develop yann was that Lasagne was getting too large for the authors to keep up. Lasagne therefore insipired some of the aspects of this toolbox. One of the contributors who submitted the rotate layer, used code re-distributed from Lasagne toolbox as well. So, in honoring their license, Copyright (c) 2014-2016 Lasagne contributors.
- Credit is also due to developers of skdata, progressbar, networkx and developers of all the other dependencies that helping in the creating of this toolbox. Go team OpenSource!